Pregnancy Yoga and Pilates (Workshop) is suitable for pre- and post-pregnancy. It is designed specifically for women to prevent common musculoskeletal pain and maintain core and pelvic floor strength during and after their pregnancy to achieve desired fitness outcome. We aim to ensure the muscles, spine, lower back and pelvis are in good working condition, so that you are able to carry your baby to full term with minimal disruption to your lifestyle.
This weekly 1-hour workshop is designed to empower women to understand what to expect and what to look out for after pregnancy.
You will be immersed in an intimate and safe environment of only women whilst you learn about ways to care for your body, build strength and exercise safely.
Babies are welcome too!
Who is suitable to participate in this workshop?
If you fit in one of the categories listed below, then this is for you –
- Pregnant women;
- Mothers of all ages;
- Family members or carers; and
- Those who have abdominal separation, pelvic pain, upper and lower back pain.
What to expect from this workshop?
By joining this workshop you will be able to –
- understand and strengthen abdominal and pelvic floor muscles;
- learn how to look after your body after pregnancy;
- perform lifestyle-based exercises – gentle, controlled pace, fully guided workout which covers fuse elements of traditional Pilates, yoga and relaxation exercises;
- learn how to manage physical, emotional and hormonal changes occurring during and after the pregnancy;
- receive guided sessions run by experienced Physiotherapist, Pilates and Yoga instructor who will able to modify exercise based on previous injury;
- receive real time ultrasound assessment by Physiotherapist to check core strength, if required; and
- enjoy sessions in private and small groups.
What to bring in this workshop?
Please bring –
- drink bottle; and
- non-slip socks.