- Are you struggling to understand why you keep getting the same type of pain?
- Are your test results always coming back with the same outcome?
- Are you frustrated at living with pain and want to do something about it?
We can help you kick-start your JOURNEY TOWARDS RECOVERY!
- Try our multi-dimensional approach to address persistent pain
- Learn about the common misconceptions about pain and movement
- Plan self-recovery strategies: tackle barriers, injuries, habits and set up activity goals
- Retrain the pain system, maximise functional capacity, and improve health and wellbeing
Who is this program for?
This program is suitable for individuals:
- who suffer from chronic or persistent musculoskeletal pain such as chronic back, neck, knee, hip, ankle pain which remains longer than 3 months;
- who are willing to learn and recover from injury;
- who have no future plan for surgical intervention for the pain; or
- whose daily activities are limited due to pain.
This Program is not suitable for individuals:
- who struggle to walk safely and independently;
- with psychiatric symptoms such as depression, schizophrenia, personality disorder, CRPS and fibromyalgia;
- with serious pathology such as inflammatory and widespread neurological disorders, cancer or tumour; or
- with an active compensation claim.
What it covers?
The Program will run for 6-8 weeks having one session per week. Each session is 60-75 minutes in duration and may include:
- Presentations with current literature around persistent pain
- Educational videos and resources
- Group discussion
- Mindful approach to movement
- Creating and implementing a self-management plan
- Follow up emails with relevant content after each session
- Working with multiple health professionals
What you will achieve at the completion of this program?
- A deep understanding of pain and how it relates to your situation
- Learn how to identify the cause of your pain
- Improvement in your ability to manage pain and gain control over your life with the use of a supported self-management program
- Improvement in physical function
- Increased self-esteem and confidence
- Gradual return to daily activities or work duties
What will be your out-of-pocket cost?
Our Pain Management Program is covered by private health insurance if you have extra cover. There will be small out-of-pocket expense for materials.